Friday, December 5, 2008

Muuuuusic

(from francescamusic.com)

10.17.08

This time of year makes me excited--I start pulling out scarves and hats and sweaters and boots, and everything seems like more of an adventure because of the colder weather. I grew up in Florida, where fall means 79 degrees instead of 99. Ha! So temperatures in the 50s really mean something to me. I mean, I like the cold...most of the time. Eek!

God’s been teaching me a lot lately, showing me His handprint in small places. Songs are gateways to the soul, so I thought I’d share some records
and artists I’ve been listening to lately. Here are a few:

Seabird - “‘Til We See the Shore”

They are a new band, and they are fantastic. I like this record because it’s honest and emotional and unique. Check it out. My current favorite is
“Stronger.”

Brooke Fraser - “Albertine”

I’ve been listening to this album for a year, and I still love every time one of the songs comes up on my iPod shuffle. Brooke’s voice is beautiful
and raw, and her lyrics are smart. I was an English major, so I appreciate the fact that she’s a real wordsmith. Listen to the whole thing, but I love
the song “The Thief.” Poetry, anyone?

Monk & Neagle - “The Twenty-First Time”

Again, I’ve been listening to this record for about a year too, but it still makes me happy because it makes me think of my first fall in Nashville.
Check out “What Soldiers Do” and “Into Orbit.”

What have you been listening to? Let me know, I’d love to hear some new stuff!

Blessings,
Francesca

No comments: